- Nutrition A-Z: Food Labels
- Health Canada: Nutrition labelling
Health Canada website on nutrition labelling
- Food Labelling for Industry
A Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) website about all aspects of food labelling - useful for industry, dietitians and knowledgeable consumers.
- Videos on Nutrition Labelling from EatRight Ontario
Five part series on nutrition labelling.
- Dietitians of Canada response to Health Canada consultation “Toward Front-of Package Nutrition Labels for Canadians”
(January 2017) – With cross-Canada input from members, DC submitted a response to this public consultation on January 13, 2017. Concerns and questions from DC are highlighted throughout the report – for a new front-of-package labelling system and some new nutrient content claims.
- DC response to Canada Gazette 1 – Nutrition Labelling
(September 2015) – DC responded to the proposals for new nutrition labelling regulations.
- Q&As for proposed changes to the Nutrition Information on the Food Label
(June 2015) – Prepared for members of Dietitians of Canada following prepublication of proposed changes to nutrition information on the food label in Part 1 of Canada Gazette (CG1) by Health Canada.
- Letter to Health Minister Ambrose on Nutrition Labelling
(April 2015) – A summary of DC comments from September 2014 and affirmation of priorities for guidance regarding sugar labeling, Daily Values etc.
- Dietitians of Canada responds to Health Canada's consultation on proposed changes in Nutrition Labelling
(September 12, 2014) – DC responded to Health Canada with a cover letter, summarizing overarching comments and recommendations and a report, which summarized the results of our online survey advertised to DC members. The online survey included questions and space for narrative comments addressing all five of the documents released by Health Canada: proposed changes in formatting (Nutrition Facts table and Ingredient List), core nutrients, Daily Values, reference amounts and serving sizes.
- DC focus groups respond to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency: Food Labelling Modernization Initiative online consultation
(September 2013) – DC submitted a response to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s (CFIA) online consultation (June – September 2013) regarding CFIA’s Food Labelling Modernization Initiative. The consultation was designed to assess how the CFIA’s approach to labels could best provide consumers with necessary, meaningful information and to examine changes needed for the food industry.
- DC consultation response to Health Canada’s Draft Guidance Document on Food Health Claims Related to the Reduction in Post-Prandial Glycaemic Response
(September 2013) – DC responded to Health Canada’s new guidance document for food health (function) claims related to the reduction in post-prandial glycaemic response, based on comments received from DC members working in sectors including diabetes education and food industry regulation.
- Consultation on draft Guidelines for Highlighted Ingredients and Flavours - Response from Dietitians of Canada (October 2012)