- Infographic: More than "just" nutrition advice
(2016) – An infographic to support the role and skills of dietitians in primary health care
- Infographic: Make a difference and save money doing it!
(2016) – An infographic to support the value of dietitians in primary health care
- Infographic: Correct wage disparity for dietitians in primary care
(2016) – An infographic to support the correction of wage to improve retention, services and access to primary care dietitians in Ontario
- Primary Health Care Workforce Survey Report 2015
(2015) – Ontario dietitians working in PHC settings including Family Health Teams, Community Health Centres, and Nurse Practitioner-led Clinics, were surveyed to track changes in the PHC dietitian workforce and roles, and job satisfaction. The 2015 survey measured changes in job satisfaction from 2012 results, and captured additional information on the leadership roles of dietitians in PHC.
- Moving Forward – Role of the Registered Dietitian in Primary Health Care
(2009) – Position paper of Dietitians of Canada
- Defining the Role of the Dietitian in Dysphagia Assessment and Management
(March 2015) – This role paper discusses dysphagia assessment and management based on the principles and ideals of evidence-informed, interprofessional client-centred care.
- Dietitians in Primary Care
(April 2014) – Provides an overview of what dietitians do and the difference they can make in primary health care environments.
- Strengthening the Canadian Health System:A Call to Action from Dietitians
(November 2011) – The Senate Committee on Social Affairs, Science and Technology was accepting submissions in preparation for the Health Accord 2014. Dietitians of Canada called for action in three areas: increased investment in health promotion and non-communicable disease prevention including access to healthy food, coordinated interprofessional health services, and sufficient labour supply and access to dietitians.
- Interdisciplinary Nutrition Services in Family Health Networks - Demonstration Project Resources
(October 2006) – Developed as part of the Ontario based primary health care demonstration project completed by Dietitians of Canada.
- Dietitians…the smart choice
outlines how dietitians’ unique training in the science of food and nutrition makes them the trusted source of information on nutrition and health
- Employee Health
Many Canadian workers have employee health insurance, but some plans do not cover the cost of dietitian services. There are steps employees and employers can take to make sure their employee health care plans include dietitian services.
Find a Dietitian
Hire a Dietitian
- Adding a Registered Dietitian to Your Team
(2006) – A guide to including registered dietitians into business plans of Family Health Teams in primary care
- Role of Dietitians in Collaborative Primary Health Care Mental Health Programs
A report by the Canadian Collaborative Mental Health Initiative (CCMHI) on a consultation process that examined greater integration of specialized services, such as nutrition and mental health expertise, into primary care settings
- Patient-Centred Primary Care in Canada: Bring It On Home – A Discussion Paper from the College of Family Physicians of Canada: Feedback from Dietitians of Canada
(2010) – Dietitians of Canada’s response to a discussion paper on primary care by the College of Family Physicians of Canada
Dietitians of Canada Regional Executive Directors
Local Action Groups