Teledietetic nutrition services are effective
Telephone counselling delivered by dietitians, as part of a nutrition intervention, leads to better health outcomes such as:
- increased fruit and vegetable intake
- decreased total and saturated fat intake
- decreased energy intake
- improved blood sugar control for people with diabetes
- weight loss and decreased body mass index
- decreased waist circumference
- decreased prevalence of metabolic syndrome
See Practice-based Evidence in Nutrition® – Telehealth/teledietetics
Updated January 15, 2018
Dietitians make a difference
What's a Dietitian? Stephanie, Abbey, Adam and Christy explain!
The EatRight Ontario dietitian service is operated by Dietitians of Canada, and provided free of charge to residents of Ontario.