Community & Public Health Nutrition
The purpose of the network is to provide Dietitians, Public Health Nutritionists, and students working in Community and/or Public Health Nutrition or with a general interest in Community and/or Public Health Nutrition Practice with tools, supports and opportunities. Specific objectives are:
- To promote and facilitate communication and sharing information among members of the network group, with other dietitians and with other organizations.
- To share the latest information about best practices and resources for community and public health nutrition
- To facilitate the ability of Dietitians of Canada (DC) members to promote community and public health nutrition best practices and participate in continuing education opportunities
- To promote community nutrition and public health nutrition as a career choice among dietetic students and to provide opportunities for continued career growth and experience sharing among members
- To be an identified resource group for government and policy makers to consult on issues related to community nutrition and public health nutrition practice
- To raise awareness and advocate on behalf of community nutrition and public health nutrition issues and practice challenges.
- Opportunity to network and connect with other dietitians and students working/interested in community and public health nutrition
- Access to current resources on various community and public health nutrition topics
- Access to book reviews and opportunity to participate in quarterly book reviews
- Access to blog containing posts written on various public health related topics (blog has replaced previous newsletter)
- Access to online networking platform specific to CPHN Network (coast-to-coast)
- Ongoing volunteer opportunities for students and dietitians
- Dietitians of Canada Conference Sponsorship opportunities for student members
For more information, please contact our Network Chair, Anisha Mahajan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.