Guidelines for Advertising Directed to Members
Advertisements and mailings from third parties that are directed primarily to members are intended to provide members with information on products and services in the marketplace. The advertisements and mailings must meet the following guidelines:
- Are accurate, in good taste and conform to the concept of communication vehicle
- Do not contravene any Federal Food and Drug policies and regulations
- Are not be deceptive or misleading
- Clearly identify the advertiser
- Do not include Dietitians of Canada’s name or logo without permission
Dietitians of Canada (DC) does not sell, rent or distribute member e-mail addresses. Members have the ability to opt out of third party mailings.
An advertisement for a product or service does not constitute endorsement by Dietitians of Canada. DC reserves the right to insert a disclaimer and/or add the statement: "This is a paid advertisement".