We invite DC members who would like to develop their leadership skills, build relationships and make a significant impact to the association and profession to consider running for a Board of Directors position.
What makes a good candidate for the DC Board of Directors?
- Acts in the best interest of the association and members
- Showcases the diversity of the membership
- Strategic thinker and leader
- Collaborative spirit and relationship builder
- Represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
The Board of Directors have created a Leadership Development Toolkit
to highlight the professional benefits of joining the DC Board. Inside the toolkit you will find information for you on how to approach and advocate with your employer and show the value that being a board member will bring to your colleagues and workplace.
As a Board, we embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. When nominating and voting, consider these values and criteria when making your choices.
The following positions are available for the term starting in 2021:
Click here to access the nomination form.
- Chair – Elect
- Northwest and Central Ontario Director
- British Columbia Director
Submit the completed nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nomination period closes: Monday November 30, 2020 at 11:59 pm PST
- Voting period opens: Monday, January 4, 2021. The Board is elected by a vote of all members.
- Voting period closes: Friday, January 29, 2021 at 11:59 pm PST
The results of the vote will be reported to the Board of Directors within five days and announced to the membership shortly after.