We invite DC members who would like to develop their leadership skills, build relationships and make a significant impact to the association and profession to consider running for a Board of Directors position.
What makes a good candidate for the DC Board of Directors?
- Acts in the best interest of the association and members
- Showcases the diversity of the membership
- Strategic thinker and leader
- Collaborative spirit and relationship builder
- Represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
The Board of Directors have created a Leadership Development Toolkit
to highlight the professional benefits of joining the DC Board. Inside the toolkit you will find information for you on how to approach and advocate with your employer and show the value that being a board member will bring to your colleagues and workplace.
As a Board, we embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. When nominating and voting, consider these values and criteria when making your choices.
The Board of Directors is seeking nominations for the election of two new Board Directors in 2021:
Submit the completed nomination form to email@example.com.
- Manitoba and Saskatchewan Regional District
- Students and New Professionals
The results of the vote will be reported to the Board of Directors within five days and announced to the membership shortly after.
- Applications will be accepted from September 20 – November 30, 2021.
- Elections will be online. All DC members are encouraged to vote for each position in February 2022.
- Notification and announcement of successful candidates will be in March 2022.
- Successful candidates will begin their term immediately following the AGM in Summer/Fall 2022 (exact date of AGM to be determined).
Contact the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: September 20, 2021