As an Alberta and Territories member, there's a lot you can look forward to this year as we build on the sucesses of 2019. Alberta and Territories members actively contribute to an engaged and vibrant dietitian community across our large and diverse region. Members from Alberta and each of the Territories, all areas of practice and students, new professionals and experienced dietitians support important issues to the profession while bringing unique and relevant perspectives. We are fortunate to have strong leadership and engagement amongst students and faculty at the University of Alberta ensuring an important connection of these members to the profession. I welcome all members to get in touch with me
if you'd like to take part in regional activities.
What you can look forward to in 2020
- In January, DC members presented their views on the benefits of a tax on sugar-sweetened beverages to the Government of the Northwest Territories.
- In March and April, members across Alberta contributed to the preparation and dissemination of dietitians’ priorities for candidates in the provincial election.
- In April, DC CEO Nathalie Savoie shared plans for ensuring DC’s sustainability in changing times at the 15th annual Nutrition Support Day organized by the Calgary Continuing Education Committee.
- In November, Brenda Davis presented to a sold out audience at Unleashing the Power of Plant Based Diets event organized by the Edmonton Continuing Education Committee.
See all the news from across Canada
- National Dietitians Day event in Edmonton, March 18.
- Calgary Clinical Nutrition Day, April 4.
- The DC National Conference in Saskatoon, June 10-13.
- Alberta Consulting Dietitians Interest Group networking and advocacy activities.
- Alberta Long Term Care Action Group advocacy activities and the release of Applying Canada's Food Guide to Long Term Care Menu Planning.
- Meet the Dietitian night at the University of Alberta.