The vibrant community of Quebec dietitians and students work together to advance the profession, participate in Nutrition Month and get involved with DC. In my new role as Regional Executive Director for Quebec, I look forward to supporting members in Quebec and the Canada-wide francophone community. As the Federal Advocacy Lead, I'll be bringing dietitians priorities and issues to stakeholders and decision makers at the national level.
Here's what's happened in 2019:
To look forward to in 2020
- Launch of Canada’s Food Guide with Health Canada and the OPDQ in January in Montréal
- A continuing education partnership with Nutrium provided French conference sessions for Learning on Demand
- A new action group in Quebec was created to begin work on increasing dietitian coverage on employee health benefits plans
- Networking events included the DUX awards and Dietitians Day
- New students reps from Université Laval and McGill University were selected to build a sense of belonging in the student community.
- CEO Nathalie Savoie participated at the MENU 2019 event with McGill University, Université Laval, Université de Montréal, Université Moncton and Université d’Ottawa
The engagement and participation of Quebec members is always welcome. Please get in touch with me if you'd like to find out how to get involved in regional activities or federal advocacy.
See all the news from across Canada