DC submission to Nova Scotia's 2019 pre-budget consultations
Dietitians of Canada requests the following recommendations be considered when developing the budget for 2019/20:
1. Ensure appropriate access to nutrition services provided by dietitians
- Adequate dietitian services for continuing care (including long term care and home care).
- Adequate dietitian services in primary health care settings (including mental health and addictions).
- Funding for the establishment and operation of a dietitian telephone service (Dial-a-Dietitian program).
2. Ensure appropriate access to Healthy Food for all Nova Scotians
- Government policies, programs and initiatives which consider the impact on food security.
- Ongoing commitment to policies, programs and initiatives that support a healthy eating environment in settings such as schools, homes, recreation and the community (supported by Public Health Nutritionists with expertise in food and nutrition policy).