Internship/practicum options


If you were educated outside of Canada and have met the academic requirements of your provincial dietary regulatory body, you may still need to successfully complete an internship/practicum program in order to register as a dietitian in Canada.

  1. Apply for a program that is designed to provide Canadian practicum experience for internationally educated dietitians. Two such programs exist:

    The Internationally Educated Dietitians Pre-registration Program
    This program is offered by Ryerson University in Toronto (Ontario) to prepare internationally educated dietitians living in Ontario for registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario (CDO) and membership with Dietitians of Canada (DC).
    Learn more

  2. Some Masters/practicum program accept applications from Internationally Educated Dietitians.
    Note: Check their website to determine eligibility 
    Learn more