As a multidisciplinary team member, dietitians play an important role in supporting clients who have eating disorders, mental illness, addictions, developmental disabilities and/or cognitive impairments. The purpose of this network is to promote the importance of nutrition as it relates to mental health conditions, to connect dietitians across the broad spectrum of mental health issues and to support and strengthen the role of dietitians in mental health and eating disorders.
Benefits of membership
Who should join this network?
Any dietitian working with individuals living with mild to severe mental illness, eating disorders/disordered eating, developmental disabilities, or cognitive impairment.
- Access to a large collection of professional and client resources
- Quarterly newsletters
- Continuing education opportunities
- Connect to over 300 RDs who work with people living with mental health disorders, addictions, eating disorders
- Opportunity to discuss rewards and challenges of working in these fields
- Christina Seely (mental health specialization)
- Katheryn Lu (eating disorder specialization)
$35 for full members; $15 for students
Join this network