The Consulting Dietitians Network (CDN) is a practice group for dietitians and dietetic interns interested in nutrition in private or consulting practice. We have almost 500 members!
The network goal is to provide networking, advocacy and education opportunities for members who share a common interest in consulting and private practice work in the field of dietetics and who are passionate about raising the profile of the profession.
Who should join this network?
Do not let the name intimidate you – you do not have to have an established consulting business to join us! Whether you see clients one-to-one, provide menu planning for hospitals, or anything in between, this network is for you.
Benefits of membership
Activities and achievements
- Exciting Webinars featuring expert speakers on topics relevant to dietetic practice. We feature a new one almost every month! You also get special access to our webinar library with recordings. Recorded presentations that are free in the network library include:
- Discount membership price for the Dietitians in Private Practice: A Guide for the Consultant. ($197 network member price, $250 regular cost)
- Access to the latest version of the Fees, Expenses and Income Guidelines report.
- Access to Natural Health Products database.
- Access to the Direct Billing 101online course by Susan Watson, RD (valued at $447).
- Monthly e-mail newsletters. We feature dietitians, practice questions and learnings from all areas of private practice and highlight some initiatives and tools to enhance your practice.
Best business practices for dietitians working in private practice
Private Practice Manual - Table of Contents
- DC National Conference participation, including hosting several workshops, providing members with the opportunity for a subsidized professional headshot photo shoot and a student honorarium to attend DC’s largest networking event.
- Continued joint advocacy with DC on Employee Health Benefits and other issues concerning consulting RDs such as virtual and cross-border practice.
Chair: Jennifer House
Website Administrator: Amanda Hamel
Member Surveys and Data Collection Coordinator: Charlene Kennedy
DC Health Insurance Advocacy Coordinator: Hana Klimczak
CDN Member Learning Tools (webinar) Coordinators: Alka Chopra & Jennifer Neale
Network Newsletter Coordinators: Deborah Wildish, Novella Lui & Angela Wallace
DC Conference Coordinator: Vacant
$45 for full members; $15 for students
Join this network