Our goal is to provide a forum for registered dietitians who work in oncology care (whether 100% of the time or 5% of the time
) to share knowledge, experience, research and resources so that we can provide quality nutrition throughout the continuum of care from coast to coast to coast.
Through our recent partnership with the Oncology Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group (ON DPG) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (ON DPG), we have more opportunities to collaborate on important oncology nutrition initiatives.
Benefits of Membership
We offer key resources such as free teleseminars by members and invited oncology experts, free ON DPG webinars, plus links to valuable websites, patient education materials, archived oncology nutrition presentations and conference reports.
Activities and Achievements
We are pleased to share that we had record attendance at our teleseminars last year. Topics included:
- Diagnosis and classification of cancer-associated malnutrition. Presenter: Dr. Vickie E Baracos
- Diet and Inflammation. Presenter: Susan Haines RD
- The ELLICSR Kitchen: A Culinary Nutrition Program for Cancer Survivors.
Presenters: Nazek Abdelmutti MSc, Christy Brissette RD MSc, Geremy Capone (Chef)
Coming up this year, we have:
- Quality Nutrition Care of Oncology Patients: Are We Delivering? August ON DPG webinar.
Presenters: Suzanne Dixon, MPH, MS, RD ; Rhone M. Levin, Med, RD, CSO, LD, FAND; Elaine Trujillo, MS, RDN; Ann Yaktine, PhD, RDN
- Oncology Technology. September Teleseminar. Presenter: Ryna Levy-Milne RD PhD
- Ketogenic Diet, Medical Marijuana, Integrative Oncology: Conference Highlights. October Teleseminar. Presenter: Donna Scaffidi RD
Join this network