8th Learning Retreat on the Principles and Practice of Interdisciplinary Obesity Management for Dietitians - Toronto
The CON and DC Learning Retreat on the Principles and Practice of Interdisciplinary Obesity Management for Dietitians is an intensive educational experience with a strong emphasis on the practical aspects of obesity management and the role of the dietitian in inter-professional bariatric care. This certification will build knowledge in the areas of: 5As of Obesity Management; EOSS; your role(s) as part of the interdisciplinary obesity management team; clinical assessment and medical management of obesity.
Certificate of Attendance & Credits:
- Jennifer Brown, MSc, RD, Ottawa Hospital Weight Management Clinic and Bariatric Centre of Excellence
- Éric Doucet, PhD, Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Human Kinetics, University of Ottawa
- Angie Hong, MD, CCFP, FCFP, ABOM diplomate, Discovery Weight Clinic, Toronto
- Ian Patton, PhD, Vice-chair, CON Public Engagement Committee
- Arya Sharma, MD, PhD, FRCPC, Professor and Chair, Obesity Research and Management, University of Alberta
- Michael Vallis, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Psychology, Dalhousie University
- Sean Wharton, MD, PharmD, FRCPC, Internal Medicine Specialist Adjunct Professor York, University, Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences
Upon having attended the Learning Retreat in its entirety, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance. This event is pending accreditation for SCOPE points and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certification.
Co-Hosts: The Canadian Obesity Network (CON-RCO) and Dietitians of Canada (DC) are joint hosts of this retreat.
July 17, 2017