Objectives and Focus
The DC Conference focuses on the key challenges, opportunities and learning needs facing dietitians in all areas of practice and strives to create an environment of engagement and action.
The Conference objectives are to:
- provide a forum to enrich the dietetic profession through dialogue and learning,
- showcase leading-edge practice and nutrition research,
- address challenges in food, nutrition and health services across all areas of practice and policy,
- highlight innovations in dietetics education and training,
- profile new products and services available in the marketplace, and
- create opportunities for dietitians to forge stronger links amongst themselves for professional and social purposes.
Expected outcomes of the conference are that delegates will:
- come away with new ideas and practical tools to bring to their work settings,
- be better equipped to address practice and workplace transformation,
- leave the event re-energized and re-engaged in the profession, and
- have a stronger network of colleagues, contacts and leaders in the field to draw on when questions arise.
Education Program Focus
The Program Planning Team aims to provide a balance of excellent and engaging learning opportunities across all areas of dietetic practice through a variety of session formats.
While DC does not have a specific theme tied to the educational sessions, ideas that consider priorities of the profession and emerging issues in dietetic practice are welcomed.
When developing a session proposal, ask the question: Does my idea:
- introduce an inspirational speaker?
- inform evidence-based practice and promote knowledge transfer?
- highlight emerging issues of significance or impact on dietetic practice, or new practice opportunities?
- take us deeper into emerging research or policy, and related practice applications?
Updated May 18, 2017.