Each session must be given a short creative title (limited to 8 words) that summarizes the focus of the session.
This is a concise two to three sentence statement (no bullet points) explaining the intent of the session and should reflect the stated objectives of the session.
Other information that will be required:
- educational track
- presentation format: plenary, symposia, concurrent, workshop, tour
- Provide up to three specific objectives describing the outcomes resulting from the presentation.
- A learning objective should complete the following statement with an observable and measurable verb: After this presentation, the attendee should be able to …
- The following verbs are not acceptable when writing learning objectives: know, learn, grasp, enhance, understand, appreciate and improve.
- Learning objectives and program focus should be directed at an informed (not novice) audience.
- Learning objectives should highlight applications of the session to professional practice.
A brief biographical description and current contact information must be provided for each speaker. The biographical statement should highlight the speaker’s research, work experience and expertise related to the topic.
- Briefly describe each speaker's contribution to the session objectives.
- It is strongly encouraged that at least one of the speakers is a DC member.
- DC welcomes ‘new experts’ and those who have not spoken at DC conference in the past 2 years.
- All speakers must be willing to have their sessions recorded.
Conference session speakers will be offered a basic package of benefits to offset the main costs of their participation in the conference.
- Full conference registration if speaker is a DC member.
- Non-member speakers will be offered one-day registrations for the day they are speaking.
- Return air, train or ground travel by least expensive method without undue hardship with regard to time.
- Taxi or shuttle service costs, and parking as appropriate.
- Meal allowance (excluding meals served at the conference) to the level of the DC expense policies.
Accommodation, Honoraria and Speaker Fees
- One night accommodation and $200 honorarium OR 2 nights hotel accommodation at the conference hotel for non-local speakers.
- $200 honorarium for local (Vancouver area) speakers.
Updated June 1, 2017.