The dietitians at EatRight Ontario are celebrating 10 years of service with a new recipe contest
Sep 13, 2017
TORONTO, ON — EatRight Ontario is celebrating its 10th anniversary of providing free, science-based nutrition advice with a healthy home cooking recipe contest. Over the last decade, EatRight Ontario has helped millions of people via the phone, email and website to get credible, trusted and caring advice on nutrition, food and healthy eating.
When you have a nutrition question, suddenly everybody seems to have the answer – your favourite blog writer, a media host, a popular celebrity, your personal trainer, and even the salesperson at the natural health food store. Who can you turn to? Ontario residents are fortunate to have a free, credible service right at their fingertips.
“Callers are relieved that dietitians look beyond fads and misleading claims gimmicks to provide them with reliable, life changing advice. With so much confusing, nutrition information available, it’s important to have a go-to place you can trust,” says Honey Bloomberg, Registered Dietitian at EatRight Ontario. “Our goal is to take the complicated science of popular concerns such as diabetes or digestion, and translate that science into actionable strategies. Our users tell us that we are invaluable.”
Here’s how EatRight Ontario is celebrating this milestone:
- 10th anniversary “Easy Home Cooking” recipe contest. We are looking for enthusiastic home cooks to share their favourite healthy recipes that showcase Canadian ingredients and make home cooking easier and more enjoyable. Grand prize is a $300 prize pack. This contest is open to submissions from across Canada. Find out more at www.eatrightontario.ca/anniversarycontest. Deadline is October 20, 2017.
- Launch of a new recipe e-book. Recently developed with the culinary students at George Brown College, Easy Meals for Great Leftovers showcases how you can take one delicious meal and turn it into something brand new the next day. Download it at: www.eatrightontario.ca/EasyMealsforGreatLeftovers.
About EatRight Ontario
- Free monthly giveaways in our eNewsletter. Every month we feature a current nutrition topic, nutrition resources and useful household items that we will send to you for free. Subscribe at www.eatrightontario.ca/enews.
Residents of Ontario have access to free nutrition advice from Registered Dietitians.
To connect with EatRight Ontario, Ontarians can:
About Dietitians of Canada
- Call toll-free at 1-877-510-5102. The service is available in over 100 languages.
- Send an email at www.eatrightontario.ca/email and receive a personalized response from one of the dietitians.
- Visit www.eatrightontario.ca for interactive menu plans, videos, recipes and more.
Dietitians of Canada is the national professional association for dietitians, representing almost 6,000 members at the local, provincial and national levels. For more information, visit www.dietitians.ca
Dietitians of Canada operates the EatRight Ontario program to give the people of Ontario more ways to connect with a Registered Dietitian and get trusted advice on healthy eating at no charge. Dietitians of Canada acknowledges the financial support of EatRight Ontario by the Ontario government.
The governments of 2 other provinces currently support a dedicated dietitian phone line:
- In Manitoba, call Dial-a-Dietitian! You can reach the call centre toll free 1-877-830-2892 or 204-788-8248 in Winnipeg.
- In British Columbia, call HealthLink BC! You can reach a dieititian toll free 8-1-1.
For more information, or to arrange an interview, please contact:
Honey Bloomberg, MHSc., RD