Hundreds of dietitians gather for Dietitians of Canada National Conference
Jun 07, 2018
VANCOUVER, BC – Dietitians of Canada will hold their national conference in Vancouver this year from June 7-9. The event brings together over 700 dietitians, students and researchers in the field of food, nutrition and dietetics.
A range of topics will be addressed by over 60 dietitians and leading experts during the conference including:
- Truth, reconciliation and food
- Hot Topics in everyday practice
- Household food insecurity, how should dietitians respond?
- Benefits of plant-based foods in institutional food service
- Diabetes Management for older adults
- Trans-inclusive dietetic practice
- Injury recovery in sport: from gelatin to omegas
- Nutrition challenges for immigrants
- Virtual environments: applications for dietetics practice and education
- Can healthy diets be sustainable diets?
There will also be more than 70 research presentations and ePosters from dietitians and students hosted by the Canadian Foundation for Dietetic Research.
Dietitians work in every area of food and nutrition across the country and influence the future of eating and healthy living. Dietitians of Canada works at the local, provincial and national level to strengthen the role of dietitians in the health care system in order to contribute to the health of Canadians.
About Dietitians of Canada
Dietitians of Canada is the professional association for dietitians, representing members at the local, provincial and national levels. We aim to advance health through food and nutrition and to provide leadership in shaping food and nutrition policy. Dietitians are driven by curiosity to understand the science behind food and its connection to health.
Dietitians of Canada supports the access of Canadians to evidence-based food and nutrition information and helps them locate a dietitian for nutrition counselling and nutrition services at dietitians.ca/find
For more information, or to arrange an interview, please contact:
Kate Comeau, MSc, RD
Manager of Public Relations and Media
Dietitians of Canada