Looking towards the next membership year from July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024
Date: June 8, 2023
Thank you for your membership and commitment to Dietitians of Canada this past year. As we wrap up another year of change, the voice and impact of DC is stronger because of members like you. Looking ahead to the next membership year (beginning July 1, 2023), you will continue to see DC renew its focus as the national voice of Canadian dietitians and work towards building a stronger diverse and inclusive member community.
Here is a message from CEO, JP Cody-Cox, as he shares his vision about what's ahead.
Membership categories and fees
For the 2023-2024 membership year, the Board of Directors has made the decision to freeze membership fees. Over the past few years, dietitians and students have shown great perseverance, adaptability and flexibility in navigating both personal and professional challenges. We hope that keeping fees at the same rates will be one way to make it easier for you to continue being a part of the DC community. You can see the fees here
Membership categories will also remain the same. We have received positive feedback from members who appreciate that there are lower fees available for those who are early in their professional careers, are on parental leave, are working part-time and who are retired.
Important and valued member benefits
With a DC membership your total savings for the year are more than $1400 on products and services*, not to mention the intangible value that comes with belonging to your professional community.
*Over a 12 month period compared to a non-member.
Here are some highlighted benefits that you can look forward to in the coming membership year:
- Lower fees on professional liability insurance fees (compared to the marketplace), in addition to additional insurance products for your business. Students enrolled in a practicum program can have their insurance fees waived.
- Discounts on ICND 2024. DC will welcome the world to Toronto in June 2024 for the International Congress of Nutrition and Dietetics. We look forward to having many DC members be a part of this global experience.
- Access to the most up to date practice-based evidence recommendations and materials with 50 PEN access credits. Take advantage of a 40% discount on an unlimited access package when you renew your DC membership.
- Reduced fees for Learning on Demand webinars and with no change in price for the All Access Pass. For students, the All Access Pass has been reduced by 50% to make access to learning easier.
- Reduced fees for online courses, including 50% off the Counselling for Behaviour Change course only when you renew your membership.
- The opportunity to belong to Networks and connect and learn with colleagues across Canada and in a wide variety of practice areas. The Student Network continues to be free for students and now the Francophone network is complementary to French speaking members.
- Subscriptions to The Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice ($90 value) and the eNCPT: Nutrition Terminology Reference Manual ($100 value) to support your professional practice.
- Exclusive savings on telecommunications , fitness clubs and personal insurance.
- A renewed focus on professional advocacy and being a stronger voice for the profession and a commitment to continuing our work on equity, diversity and inclusion.
This is a great time to remind you that for every new
member (has not been a DC member in the past 365 days) that you refer who joins DC, you’ll receive a $50 discount that you can use towards your own membership. Note: The referral program applies to all non-student membership categories.
DC will continue throughout the year to develop benefits, tools and resources that will ensure you get the most out of membership. Please keep an eye out on your email and the newsletter to know when the renewal system is open. If you have questions about benefits or how to renew, please contact the Member Experience team
, who will be happy to help.
John-Paul Cody-Cox (he/him/il)
Chief Executive Officer
Leslie Beck, RD (she/her)
Chair, DC Board of Directors
Join or Renew Today