Dietitians of Canada (DC) is committed to the highest ethical standards. We do this by conducting our business with maximum integrity and by achieving full compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. In line with this commitment, DC provides an avenue for DC employees, members, volunteers, contractors and other stakeholders to raise concerns they may have about the subjects covered by this policy, and to be assured that in making allegations, they will be protected from reprisal or victimization for raising their concerns in good faith.
This policy covers instances where an employee, member, volunteer, contractor or other stakeholder has evidence of activity ("Reportable Activity") by any employee, volunteer or retained consultant (including external auditors) to their knowledge constitutes:
- Accounting, auditing, or other financial reporting fraud or misrepresentation, including misuse of public funds or public assets, forgery of documents, authorizing or accepting compensation for services not performed;
- Violations of laws that could result in fines or civil damages payable by DC, or that could otherwise significantly harm DC's reputation or public image;
- Unethical business conduct in violation of any DC corporate policy;
- Inappropriate occurrences at a DC event;
- An act or omission that creates a substantial and specific danger to the health, safety, or well-being of employees, members, and volunteers;
- Abuse of power or authority;
- Discriminatory behaviour;
- Concealment of any of the above or any other breach of this policy.
Dietitians of Canada Whistleblower Policy
Whistleblower Reportable Activity Form
For any issues not covered above, please contact DC by using any of the channels of communications listed at Contact Us
Anyone who reports a Reportable Activity must be acting in good faith. Allegations that are not made in good faith will be viewed as a serious offence and may be subject to discipline up to and including discharge in the case of employees, and/or the severing of the relationship with members, volunteers, contractors or other stakeholders.
DC will not permit any employees, members or volunteers to harass, retaliate or discriminate against those other employees, volunteers, contractors and stakeholders (the Complainant) who, in good faith, report a Reportable Activity. Retaliation in any form will not be tolerated and should be reported using the channels detailed in the Policy.
Any violation of this policy may subject the violator to disciplinary action, which may include, in appropriate circumstances, termination of employment or contract, or legal action.
Read the full Whistleblower Policy and Reportable Activity Form below for more details.