Nutrition Month – March 2018
Unlock the Potential of Food
The Nutrition Month 2018 public campaign is dedicated to Unlock the Potential of Food. Dietitians will help Canadians realize the potential of food to fuel, discover, prevent, heal and bring us together. Dietitians believe in the power of food to enhance lives and improve health.
Every year we choose a campaign theme based on input from members and the public. The goal of the campaign is to provide information and guidance to assist Canadians in discovering the potential of food to improve our health and wellbeing.
Dietitians in communities and workplaces across the country will host events during March. You can learn about events by accessing the Canada Activity Map. We encourage community leaders and other health professionals to connect with local dietitians to plan events too.
The member and publicly available resources are all now available. Check these out:
- Member Resource Manual with backgrounder, activity and idea list plus a “how to tips” for creating a professional display
- Five fabulous fact sheets
- 15 tantalizing feature recipes that you can print and distribute
- Ready-to-use PowerPoint deck (for members)
- Sample blog post (for members)
- Ready-to-use ad
- A “Take the Challenge” certificate
- Campaign Communications Ambassador tool kit
- Updated and enhanced Cookspiration app with a Nutrition Month icon, and a Nutrition Month 2018 genre with 32 new recipes
- Canada Activity Map
Note: The popular campaign poster is available to order from dairynutrition.ca/2018. The poster is not produced by Dietitians of Canada.
Interested in a little history on the campaign? – link here.
Once a year, a special day is dedicated to celebrating dietitians across Canada. For 2018, ‘Dietitians Day’ is March 14.
Nutrition Month is brought to you by Dietitians of Canada and thousands of dietitians across the country, in collaboration with the campaign sponsors. The official campaign sponsors for 2018 are Avocados from Mexico, Dairy Farmers of Canada and Diabetes Canada, and our factsheet sponsor is Loblaws Inc.
We are proud to name the following as our Official Nutrition Month 2018 Communications Ambassador Organizations:
Updated March 1, 2018
Resources, apps and events to support your campaign plans
- Ambassador Toolkit for community groups and agencies that provides ideas about how to get involved such as social media activities, a Unlock the Potential of Food! challenge promotion, public resource distribution and more.
- "Take the Challenge" Certificate – beginning February 26 take photos holding the colourful "Take the Challenge" certificate for posting on social media with the hashtag #NutritionMonth. Take individual photos using this 11” x 8.5” certificate.
- Five print-ready fact sheets for you to use to spread the campaign messages. Available in English and French.
- Feature recipes We picked fifteen feature recipes from our popular Cookspiration app that we encourage you to try. All of these recipes are available as a print-ready pdf to use, share and feature at your healthy eating events. Visit Cookspiration for more ideas.
- Visit the Canada Activity Map to find out about Nutrition Month and Dietitians Day events near you.
- Popular bilingual phone apps eaTracker and Cookspiration to help support you take the fight out of food. Download it from the Apple Store or Goggle Play.
- A ready-to-use ad for you to place in your workplace newsletter or wherever else it might work.
- Order and print your poster.