Nutrition Month – March 2018
Unlock the Potential of Food
The Nutrition Month 2018 public campaign is dedicated to Unlock the Potential of Food. Dietitians will help Canadians realize the potential of food to fuel, discover, prevent, heal and bring us together. Dietitians believe in the power of food to enhance lives and improve health.
Every year we choose a campaign theme based on input from members and the public. The goal of the campaign is to provide information and guidance to assist Canadians in discovering the potential of food to improve our health and wellbeing.
Dietitians in communities and workplaces across the country will host events during March. You can learn about events by accessing the Canada Activity Map. We encourage community leaders and other health professionals to connect with local dietitians to plan events too.
The member Resource Manual will be available by December 31. Publicly available resources will be available by January, here’s a list of what’s coming:
- Member Resource Manual with backgrounder, activity and idea list plus a “how to tips” for creating a professional display
- Five fabulous fact sheets
- 15 tantalizing feature recipes that you can print and distribute
- Ready-to-use PowerPoint deck (for members)
- Sample blog post (for members)
- Ready-to-use ad
- A “Take the Challenge” certificate
- Campaign Communications Ambassador tool kit
- Updated and enhanced Cookspiration app with a Nutrition Month icon, genre and 32 new recipes
- Canada Activity Map
Note: The popular campaign poster will be available to order February 1, 2018 from dairynutrition.ca/2018 (which is not produced by Dietitians of Canada).
Interested in a little history on the campaign? – link here.
Once a year, a special day is dedicated to celebrating dietitians across Canada. For 2018, ‘Dietitians Day’ is March 14.
Nutrition Month is brought to you by Dietitians of Canada and thousands of dietitians across the country, in collaboration with the campaign sponsors. The official campaign sponsors for 2018 are Avocados from Mexico
, Dairy Farmers of Canada
and Diabetes Canada
, and our factsheet sponsor is Loblaws Inc.
Updated January 4, 2018
Resources, apps and events to support your campaign plans
- Ambassador Toolkit for community groups and agencies that provides ideas about how to get involved such as social media activities, a Unlock the Potential of Food! challenge promotion, public resource distribution and more.
- "Take the Challenge" Certificate – beginning February 26 take photos holding the colourful "Take the Challenge" certificate for posting on social media with the hashtag #NutritionMonth. Take individual photos using this 11” x 8.5” certificate.
- A ready-to-use ad for you to place in your workplace newsletter or wherever else it might work.