Nutrition Month – March 2017
Take the Fight out of Food! Spot the problem. Get the facts. Seek support.
The Nutrition Month 2017 public campaign was dedicated to supporting Canadians to stop their struggles with food. The slogan for the campaign was Take the fight out of food! Spot the problem. Get the facts. Seek support. Every year we choose a campaign theme based on input from members and consumers. The goal of the campaign was to provide information and guidance to make it a little easier for Canadians to end their fight with food.
Dietitians in communities and workplaces across the country hosted events during March. We encouraged community leaders and other health professionals to connect with local dietitians to plan events too.
Interested in a little history on the campaign? – link here.
Once a year, a special day is dedicated to celebrating dietitians across Canada. For 2017, ‘Dietitians Day’ was on March 15.
Nutrition Month is brought to you by Dietitians of Canada and thousands of dietitians across the country, in collaboration with the campaign sponsors. Our official sponsors for 2017 were Avocados from Mexico
, Diabetes Canada
, Canadian Lentils
and Dairy Farmers of Canada
. Barley Council of Canada
, Canadian Pork Council
and Healthy Flax
were fact sheet sponsors.
Resources, apps and events to support your campaign plans
- Ambassador Toolkit for community groups and agencies that provides ideas about how to get involved such as social media activities, a “Take the Fight out of Food! pledge promotion, public resource distribution and more.
- "Take the Pledge" Certificate – beginning February 22 take photos holding the colourful "Take the Pledge" certificate for posting on social media with the hashtag #NutritionMonth. Take individual photos using this 11” x 8.5” certificate. Take group photos of participants holding this large, 20” x 30”, certificate.
- Five print-ready fact sheets for you to use to spread the campaign messages.
- Feature recipes We picked twelve feature recipes from our popular Cookspiration app that we encourage you to try. All of these recipes are available as a print-ready pdf in two sizes to use, share and feature at your healthy eating events. Visit Cookspiration for more ideas.
- Tweet along using the hashtag #NutritionMonth. Use this Excel file to automatically schedule Nutrition Month tweets
- A ready-to-use ad for you to place in your workplace newsletter or wherever else it might work.
- Popular bilingual phone apps eaTracker and Cookspiration to help support you take the fight out of food. Download it from the Apple Store or Goggle Play.
- Visit the Canada Activity Map to find out about Nutrition Month and Dietitians Day events near you.
- Ready-to-use video clips are the perfect accompaniment with a dynamic Nutrition Month display when cycled on a laptop.
- Members can also use these resources.
Updated April 4, 2017