Sit, Eat, Thrive: How positioning and adaptive equipment can help in the management of dysphagia
Date and Time:
June 16, 12-1 pm ET
The Dysphagia, Assessment and Treatment (DAT-N) Network
Janice Duivestein, BSR OT/PT, MRSc
After this webinar participants will be able to:
• Describe how posture can impact on eating, drinking and swallowing (EDS) ability.
• Identify common postural problems within their workplace settings and describe the impact on EDS .
• Recommend and evaluate simple solutions to address postural problems.
• Identify basic adaptive devices and evaluate their usefulness for individuals with EDS.
• Identify when to seek consultation from a therapist to address assistive and adaptive equipment needs.
This event is now closed. Members of the DATN may view the recording on the Network Portal.
Learn more about the Network and join