DC is pleased to offer professional liability insurance at a discount to members. The fee for 2020-2021 is $72/year (plus provincial taxes). Here are some highlights of what’s covered as part of this insurance policy. You can read more details about the coverage here.
- Professional Liability Protection (Errors and Omissions insurance): provides coverage limited to $5,000,000 per claim and is designed to meet and exceed the standard laid out by the regulatory colleges. This policy includes full coverage for defense costs.
- Commercial General Liability Insurance: provides $3,000,000 of additional protection. This coverage provides protection from bodily injury and property damage claims made against you and that fall outside of the scope of the Professional Liability policy.
- Legal Expense Reimbursement: provides reimbursement if you are summoned before any hearing before a regulatory board in Canada up to a limit of $50,000. Lost wages reimbursement up to $250 per day is covered should you be required to attend pre-trial, trial or appeal.
- Criminal Defense Reimbursement: provides coverage up to a limit of $100,000.
- Abused Patient Therapy and Counseling Coverage: provides coverage up to a limit of $10,000.
- Cyber Security and Privacy Liability Extension: includes $50,000 for Network Security Liability, Privacy Liability and Electronic Media Liability in the event of a Cyber Breach that compromises your business or client data.
To help you navigate this turbulent landscape, PROLINK has put together a risk management guide to address the following topics:
- Providing Continuity of Care
- Ensure Financial Resilience
- Understanding the role of your Professional Insurance.
For more information on the specifics of the program or to talk to an insurance professional, please contact:
- DC Support - email@example.com
For PROLINK support please contact: