skip to content

Internationally Educated

Educated outside Canada?

If you have been a qualified registered dietitian in another country, contact the provincial dietetic regulatory body in the province where you plan to work to determine the requirements for registration to practise.

If you have not been a registered dietitian in another country and don’t meet the academic or practicum requirements, you can contact a PDEP accredited academic university program and seek admission to their program.
Learn more

In Ontario ONLYif you have completed an academic program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) in the US, Ontario-based post-graduate Practicum Programs will accept your application to a post-graduate Practicum Program.

ACEND accredited programs are listed on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) website.

In all other provinces, contact the regulatory body to establish the entry requirements needed in that jurisdiction.
Back to top