The purpose of the Household Food Insecurity Network (HFIN) is to provide support to Dietitians of Canada members who are interested or involved in household food insecurity (HFI) and poverty reduction work by facilitating access to practice tools and resources, professional education and networking opportunities.
Read the Terms of Reference
Who should join this network?
Whether you work in public health, clinical or food service this network has information and activities relevant to your dietetic practice.
Benefits of membership
Activities and Achievements:
- Informative webinars featuring expert speakers on topics relevant to household food insecurity and dietetic practice. Webinars are recorded and available to view at your convenience.
- Active discussion opportunities to share information and research in the Coast to Coast member forum. Members can post questions related to practice and gain valuable feedback from others.
- Possibilities for network surveys and discussions throughout the year.
- Access to blogs with focused short articles on current topics, trends and dietitian experiences.
- Student scholarships for HFIN student members to attend the DC conference.
Find more food insecurity documents in the Resource Library
- Hot off the Press - a compilation of resource links pertaining to household food insecurity
- Guided discussions hosted through the BC Food Security Gateway
Chair: Delone Abercrombie
Past Chair: Jan Hillis
Communications Coordinator: Nancy Saunders
Secretary: Irena Forbes
- BC: Karen Giesbrecht & Jill Worboys
- AB: Suzanne Galesloot
- Yukon, NU, NT: Amy Caughey
- SK, MB, NW ON: Patti Eilers
- Central and Southern ON: Nadia Pabani
- QC, NE and Eastern ON: Vacant
- Atlantic: Madeleine Waddington
- Student voice: Caroline Kaufman
$38 member; $20 student member
Join this network