The DOC Network is committed to providing leadership and support to dietitians
by providing services that are innovative, evidence-based and practical; sharing knowledge on relevant nutrition issues, resources and programs; and facilitating collaborations and networking within DC and other organizations to strengthen dietitians’ roles in diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular health.
The DOC Network evolved from the Cardiology Network, when it expanded its mandate in 2004 to include nutrition issues related to diabetes and obesity as well as cardiovascular health. In February 2014, bariatric surgery became an additional focus. We now have approximately 600 members.
Read more about the network benefits and activities
Who should join this network?
If you are interested in diabetes, obesity, bariatric surgery and cardiovascular health and want to stay current on new research and practice issues across all areas of practice.
Benefits of membership
Activities and Achievements
- News Flash (Blog) and News Brief service on relevant daily media issues
- Access to the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database
- Diet Trends: Evidence Analysis
- Monthly SCOPE Notes (newsletter) that highlight scientific articles, conferences, and practice issues
- Continuing education webinars and events
- Annual discounted fee on ‘Counselling for Behaviour Change’ course
- Participation on advisory committees
- Review DC resources, guidelines and position papers
- Develop services specifically for DOC Network members
Co-chairs: Kortney Patriquin and Maria Baranowski
Read about the executive team
Obesity/Bariatric Surgery: Jennifer Brown
Website/Social Media: Katie Buhler
Special Projects: Kristyn Hall
Professional Development/Student Liaison: Stephanie Krug
CVD/Diabetes: Maria Ricupero
News Flash Review: Maria Ricupero, Kristyn Hall, Katie Buhler
$45 for full members; $15 for students
Join this network